Friday 7 October 2016

Prelim Task magazine edited

Below are elements of my prelim task. I have researched a number of magazines from fishing and fashion I have created a series of thumbnail designs analysing layouts. I have made comments below each image to  show my understanding. I have been learning Adobe Photoshop and InDesign DTP.




This was my first attempt at a front cover using different fonts and colours. This was also the very first time I had used this software on a computer and the font and colours was the first thing I experimented with.  

This was my second attempt using the knowledge I had gathered learning Photoshop to make a front cover and a title but this time instead of using colours to fill the letters I used an image of the school. To fill the font with letters I went online and found images of our school and used them on Photoshop.   



This is an advanced version of the second attempt making the title using images to fill the letters I did this using the magic wand tool and we also filled the background in black to make the title stand out more.

Again this is the title been enhanced by giving it a shadow drop and a glow to make it look more eye catching I also changed the background back to white.

This time when editing the letters on my title I used the magic wand tool and gave every letter an image that relates to our school this time every letter had its own image each.

This is both my content page and my double page spread, at the time of making this there was a problem with the shared drive so I could not use the images so I just showed that there is supposed to be images by placing empty boxes where I would have placed the images also next time my double page spread and content page will be separate then I can show my progress and I realise I have made a mistake here. I have eight columns on this page also.

This is my final front cover for my college magazine with the image taking up most of the page I also have a title of course and banners and headlines and four columns.






I know also feel much more confident in using InDesign and Photoshop and my approach towards these programmes.
These were the magazines I used for my examples to base mine off.
These are my Hand drawn thumbnails which I used to make my magazine.
This is just another magazine I used as an example.









1 comment:

  1. More in depth information needed on your methods and skills used here Joe.
    You need to use correct terminology from software, so it was 'a paste into to create a background image inside text'.
    Go over all blog posts and images to extend on what you re communicating.
    Follow the assessment criteria s it will help you.
    See me tomorrow please.
    Mrs McD-H

    ReplyDelete